Why did I choose my major?




When I was a child in my mind I wanted to be many things, I liked the idea of being a stewardess, costume designer, interior design, actress, entrepreneur, doctor, etc. As you can read, there are many things and very different things. Once I grew up I realized that many of the careers they had in mind, they didn't go with my skills and I didn't imagine exercising them in the future either.

At the end of my studies I asked myself that I was going to study, and the truth at first my head was a disaster, I did not know that it was good and everything made me doubt, until I started by deciding that cooking was not my thing, so I thought in the area of health as I liked biology and I was doing well, I found the obstetrics career I went for it , apply and do not remain. For a moment it was sad because I got too blinded to that career and according to me, there was my future. But I had to think beyond, so I went back to the beginning and found design, I looked for information, I saw the field of work and I really liked how wide it could be and at the same time I had relationship with interiors, after seeing all the aspects I risked and decided to apply, enter the University of Chile and now I am in my third year.






The first year was very hard, since everything was very different, the demand was greater, the subjects were very demanding, many jobs, everything was very new to me, I was about to leave the race, but my family gave me encouragement and here I am. While there were those misachers at first, now I'm used to it, and I can't imagine in any race other than design. Putting that aside, my experience so far has been good, I've met a lot of amazing people, the faculty environment is very good, it's like family, we all try to help and support each other and that I love.


Photos of my faculty.😃



My faculty on the outside



Views of one of the corridors






Comments

  1. How nice that after a long search for what you wanted to do you are happy with studying Design! I share the idea that the university is difficult sometimes but when you see the good results you had that feeling you are doing things right. I wish you the best!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm surprised because we had a similar process to find a career, I also searched until I found design and I liked it a lot, but I don't like so much the faculty, I feel like it could be more, but your comunnity is very especial, the people it's like family as you said.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The way you found design as an option, after having opted for very different careers, I find it really fantastic and I think the same thing has happened to many people.

    ReplyDelete
  4. the great thing about careers like design and architecture is that you can work in many areas, and in some areas that you had never imagined or unthinkable that they would be related.
    When you said that you were about to leave the career, I felt a little scared, because it is the constant fear that I have.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts